Wednesday, March 24, 2010

My Favorite Dish


I found this a few years ago at a rummage sale/ fund raiser at a local High School in NY.  It was in  the "high dollar" area and I offered 12 dollars. The lady running the table said she thought it was worth more but after a few moments was willing to part with it for 12 dollars.

Not only do I think it's very pretty it's been so useful. I think it's a pasta dish and I've served lots of pasta in it. My trick is to drain the pasta into a large bowl or pot and then set the pasta dish over the pot of steaming water. This keeps my pasta warm while I'm doing the last minute stuff for dinner.

I've also found this dish to be a great place to proof bread. The ceramic holds in heat. I simply turn on the oven to whatever degrees my bread will bake, place the dough in the dish sprayed with cooking spray, cover with lightly sprayed plastic wrap and dish towel and walk away.

I love this plate. Thanks haggling fund raiser lady for letting me have it for 12 bucks!

2 comments:

  1. 12 bucks!! What a deal for a piece of comfort in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a green pottery bowl from the Pulaski Co Gigantic flea market. It cost 10.00 and I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete