Friday, April 23, 2010

Guest Chef Smokes His Way onto My Blog

Generally speaking I don't do guest star appearance on my blog. I figure that you read this blog for my delicious and fantastic insights into food and that if you really wanted to you could visit Paula Dean or Alton Brown on their own blogs. But every once in a great while a  little known chef comes along whose talent and skill produce fantastic food that I just can't ignore. Carl Walker, is just such a chef, who yesterday in my backyard smoked a mean set of ribs and pork steaks. Just look at the results!













First, Chef Carl creates the "smoke" by using charcoal and hickory chips.













Pork steaks and ribs have been "rubbed" and left in the fridge overnight to marinate. They cook for about two hours while savor hickory flavors the meat.













The final result is a tender piece of smoked meat topped with homemade tangy sweet sauce. So delicious!

2 comments:

  1. Love the dinner you gave us. We ate it today. The sauce was a must!!! Too much smoke for me without it. mmmmm flavor!

    ReplyDelete